Friday, May 8, 2009

All good signs...

Well, there is NO mooing. No pacing. No desperation. Wha hoo! I still can't get my hopes up completely... we need a little more confirmation, but for today, I'm happy.

I spent the morning at an all Jersey dairy in Moultrie, GA - check them out http://www.sparkmanscreamvalley.com - and I just loved seeing all those happy Jersey's all together... their gentleman caller bull was even among the herd, and man, when he walked in, the ladies perked up! Too funny. We got to pet a calf, who reminded me so much of Sweetums 2 years ago... just too precious for words.

I spent quite a bit of time bending their ear on my predicament here, and I got a lot of encouragement that it may take several tries with AI. They told me a story that they AI'd a cow 15 times... she was such a good milk cow they didn't want to let her go, so they were very hopeful that just one more time it would take. Never did. So they put her with the bull. She was pregnant 2 weeks later. So, I felt good about my baby.

In the words of Jesse Jackson, "Keep Hope Alive!" That's what I'm doin today!

No comments: