Monday, July 4, 2011

Been awhile...

Haven't posted in a good long while and for that I am deeply sorry. So many friends have been worried and wondering about the ol gal Sweetums, and I just haven't had the time to keep everyone up to date. But since we are nearing the birth of her calf, I figured it was time to get the blog up and running again.

We are nearing her due date, which is technically July 17, but since due dates are about as useful as a screen door on a submarine, I am holding very loosely to that. She was about 8 days early last time she calved. Also, being a Jersey breed, she has a slightly shorter pregnancy than the average cow. So I'm not really sure if I can use the due date and then count back 8 days. Who knows!? So I just wait.

The waiting is what is a killer. I thought it was hard to be 9 months pregnant 3 different times. This is so much harder! I can't ask her any questions to let me know that everything is OK. She doesn't go to weekly check-ups to hear the heart beat and have her urine tested for protein. She can't tell me about any unusual aches or feelings. So I just wring my hands, stare at her through binoculars, and know her exact where abouts at any given moment during the day.

It is exhausting. I don't know how much longer I can keep on like this!

I forgot the part about all the internet research I'm doing too. Everyone knows how productive that exercise is in calming fears and putting worries to rest.

Well, I just wanted to let everyone know that we are getting closer every day and to please stay tuned to find out all the latest news about your favorite cow.

By the way...the kids came up with a precious name....Sweet Little Buttercup :) It met the one requirement we have of using 'sweet' in the name (Sweetums, Bittersweet, you get the idea). I love it!

No comments: