Thursday, March 20, 2008

Coming full circle...

I think most of you know where I've come from... yes, the city. I hadn't even a notion of what it took to run a farm. I had not a clue what it took to stock my grocery store. But from a very young age, I have had a very strong affinity for the country life. When I was a little girl, my favorite story book was a National Geographic kids book called "Cowboys." My Mom can attest to this! She read it thousands of times. My favorite animal has always been a pig. I have no idea where it came from, it was just what I was drawn to. Around the same time of my life, I would steal my sister's John Denver 45 record and take it to my room, put it on the player and take my place on top of my bed.... jumping my heart out to "Thank God I'm a Country Boy" -- Sis is nodding her head right now. As a teenager, I adored country music, wore Wrangler jeans, learned to line dance, and pretended to enjoy rodeos. So is it really that much of a surprise that I have ended up where I am? I don't think so. In fact, I so appreciate the Lord allowing me to live out my childhood dreams out here in the country with a farmer for a husband and chickens in the yard. In honor of yester-year, I downloaded that John Denver song a few weeks ago. I played it for my daughter, and yup, you guessed it-- "PLAY IT AGAIN MAMA! AND TURN IT UP!" Gladly my dear, gladly. Here are few lyrics for your enjoyment.

Well life on the farm is kinda laid back
ain't much an ol country boy that he can't hack
its early to rise and early in the sack
Thank God I'm a country boy
well the simple kinda life never did me no harm
raise me a family and workin' on the farm
days are all filled with an easy kind of charm
Thank God I'm a country boy

City folk drivin in a black limousine
A lot of sad people thinkin "Now that's a mighty keen!"
son let me tell you now exactly what I mean...
thank God I'm a country boy!

2 comments:

Jenny-Lynn said...

I love it!!! That is one of my favorite songs of all times!

Super Maw Maw said...
This comment has been removed by the author.