Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Puberty at 5 months old?


Last night, we were kept awake every hour on the hour by a crying baby. Rather, a moooooooooooooooooooooooooooooing cow. All kinds of thoughts were going through my head at 1:45 this morning as to why she was calling to us. We've had her since she was 1 week old and NEVER before has she mooed in the middle of the night. Well, she mooed all night long. Stephen went to sleep in the guest bedroom because it was so loud!

This morning he called me at work to tell me that when he let her out of her pen to take her to the pasture, she tried to jump on his back. She followed him everywhere sniffing his rear end. Poor guy! Poor sweetums!

Long story short, she thinks she is ready for a gentleman caller, but she has to wait a whole year! 18 months is the recommended age for pregnancy. Unfortunatley for all parties involved, she will go in heat every 21 days and it lasts for 15 hours. So technically we "should" get some sleep tonight. Of course, most of you know that the midnight snacker aka Gannett could wake us up at any moment with a cold Motts bottle of juice in my bed next to my skin as I am sleeping...

No comments: